When Does NBA Preseason Start?
NBA preseason starts on 5th October and will end on 20th October 2023.
There are 73 preseason games scheduled this time, with the first game featuring the Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota Timberwolves at noon ET on 5th October.
With the preseason a few days away, The defending Champions. Denver Nuggets will hope to perform better in the preseason and have their team shaped up before the season opener.
Another key major game will be the games of high-valued teams like Los Angeles Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics, and Miami Heat.
The young prospect, Victor Wembanyama, who joined San Antonio Spurs, recently would be the player to watch out for in preseason on how he will be adapting to the new teammates and environment in the major league.
Here are some of the major fixtures that you can check out as per NBA preseason tv schedule:
- Los Angeles Lakers Vs Golden State Warriors - 8:30 PM ET, 7th October, 2023 on NBA TV
- Phoenix Suns Vs Detroit Pistons - 3 PM ET, 8th October on NBA TV
- San Antonio Spurs Vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 8 PM ET, 9th October on NBA TV
- Boston Celtics Vs New York Knicks - 7:30 PM ET, 9th October on NBA League Pass
- Cleveland Cavaliers Vs Atlanta Hawks - 7:30 PM ET, 10th October on NBA League Pass
- Denver Nuggets Vs Phoenix Suns - 10 PM ET, 9th October on TNT
- Sacramento Kings vs. Los Angeles Lakers — 10 PM ET,12th October on NBA TV
- Denver Nuggets Vs Chicago Bulls - 8 PM ET, 12th October on NBA League Pass
- Miami Heat Vs San Antonio Spurs - 7:30 PM ET, 13th October on TNT
- Golden State Warriors Vs Sacramento Kings - 9:30 PM ET, 15th October on ESPN
- Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers — 10 PM ET, 19th October on NBA TV
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors — 10 PM ET, 20th October on NBA TV
One of the key questions that fans might have is Do NBA starters play preseason games or not? The decision on whether their key starters will play the preseason is in the hands of head coaches. The teams may not be using their key starters in those kinds of fixtures as it is rare to see the starters.
How To Watch NBA Preseason Games?
ESPN, NBA TV and TNT will be the official broadcasters for the preseason games starting on 5th October.
Other channel services like DIRECT TV, fuboTV, and Spectrum provide more coverage through RSNs but will depend on your location and geographical region.
The other way to watch the games is through the NBA league pass subscriptions which provide coverage of most of the NBA preseason games.